- High Compatibility: Multi Link solution compatible with existing standards and existing SSL installations and is high customizable solution for FLNG and FSRU.
- High Availability: Multiple redundancy and back-up design, minimizing potential downtime.
- High Reliability: Functional active end-to-end operational testing and system testing.
- Web-based manuals: Content searchable format for precise fact finding and troubleshooting. Allows operator to use web translation services if required.
- Voice Recording: Control Module manages the recording off all voice communications.
Our Ship-to-Shore Link The intelligent Multi Safety Link
Our Ship-to-Shore Link; The intelligent Multi Safety Link
The intelligent Multi Safety Link® (iMSL®) is a next-generation LNG safety communication link.
It features unique and advanced functionalities, and Mampaey Offshore Industries complies with global communication standards in the LNG market. The iMSL® is a high-end Ship-to-Shore Link system which is applicable for the global LNG distribution market e.g. LNG carriers, FSRU’s, FLNG, LNG regasification and liquefaction terminals. The Control Module contains all relevant functions and intelligence to facilitate multiple safety links. Connecting both Control Modules through a loopback provides pre-berth full functional indoor end-to-end testing on ship and shore installations.
This provides customers with advanced testing capabilities prior to LNG carrier berthing, far in advance of the industry base line testing. Testing of all critical ESD functions and voice communication systems can now be done entirely indoors with the iMSL® system. The test equipment is integrated in the iMSL® cabinet, reducing the risk of loss and defects and heavy mobile test equipment is no longer required to be carried to the jetty area, which is a proven operational time-saver.
The system is designed in full compliance with ISO28460, ISO20519 and SIGTTO ESD Guidelines and according to the IMO requirements (IGC and IGF).
Read more about the intelligent Multi Safety Link in our brochure
" All links comply with ISO 28460, SIGTTO guidelines "
Pneumatic Safety Link
The Pneumatic Safety Link comprises of a pneumatic module together with a pneumatic umbilical and reel. The pneumatic module is connected to and controlled by the iMSL® Control Module. The Pneumatic Safety Link is designed according to SIGTTO recommendations and is fully compatible with all other SIGTTO compatible pneumatic ship-to-shore links which are available on most LNG terminals and LNG carriers.
- Emergency Shut Down only
- Pressurised air line between LNG Carrier & LNG Terminal (or ship-to-ship)
- Pressure monitoring & dump valve at ship side or shore side
- Numerous Ex’d/e and Non Hazardous Solutions for Air Interface Board
- Snap-tite male/female quick connector – coupler SVHN8-8F ½
Electrical Safety Link with safety barriers
The Electrical Safety Link is a standard integrated link in the intelligent Multi Safety Link® system. It establishes a physical connection to enable Shore-to-Ship and Ship-to-Ship communication and to provide Emergency Shutdown Signals (ESD) for cargo transfer operations. The Electrical Safety Link supports Hotphone, Private and Public Line voice communication and data communication for transmission of Mooring Load Monitoring data. The Electrical Safety Link is designed such that it is compatible with the original 37-way Pyle connectors, the Miyaki type connectors and 5 pin SIGTTO.
Fibre-Optic Safety Link
The Fibre-Optic (FO) Safety Link is a common used link for Shore-to-Ship and Ship-to-Ship situations.
The FO Safety Link is used to communicate ESD signals, telecommunications, hotline and data transfer for Mooring Load Monitoring during mooring. This safe optical communication is a primary method for bidirectional exchange of Emergency Shutdown Signals (ESD) and voice communication.
The FO Safety Link in every iMSL® Control Module is proven fully compatible with Furukawa type Fibre-Optic links and equivalent compatible ship-to-shore Link systems.