Mampaey Offshore Industries can deliver special executions that suit the standard towing hooks. Examples are:
Quick Release Towing Hook
The Mampaey towing hook is the leading standard in today’s shipping industry.
Shipyard and tugboat crews all over the world appreciate our towing hook as self-evident piece of equipment.
Over a hundred years ago Mampaey Offshore Industries designed and engineered the towing hook that is still leading in today’s shipping. Globally a vast majority of renowned tug boat operators utilizes our standard range of towing hooks.
Disc Type Towing Hooks for towing with polyprop wires
The Quick Release Disc Type Towing Hook is especially designed for towing with polyprop wires. Mampaey Offshore Industries designed the Quick Release Towing Hooks specifically so towing lines can be released manually or remote controlled by means of pneumatic or hydraulic assistance.
Our standard range of towing hooks is able to safely handle workloads from 5 up to 150 metric tons. The towing hooks can be equipped with an electric-pneumatic or electric-hydraulic remote control systems for towing hook release by means of a pushbutton.
The benefit of the Disc Type Towing Hook is designed for a minimal total cost of ownership and with a long economic life cycle (more than 25 years). Minimum maintenance is needed and the hooks are free swiveling. Safe handling and releasing is possible with only a minimal manual effort at full Safe Working Load.
Our Harbour Type Towing Hook for towing with steel wire ropes
Towing Hook Load Monitoring
Easy operation with Remote Control
Electric pneumatic remote control
Electric hydraulic remote control
- Installation of the hook on a tug
- A mounting support that can be welded on steel decks
- Radial support to solve a tug’s stability issues
- Shock absorbers for eliminating peak loads on the construction when non elastically towing equipment is used.
Different types of Towing Hooks:
- DRV: Towing hook with radial, rail track and (spring) shock absorbers.
- DBX: Towing hook with mounting support for welding direct on a tug.
- DBV: Towing hook with radial and shock absorbers (springs) running on a sliding plate.
- DRS: Towing hook with radial and rail track.